On today’s episode, Stacey Bruzzese talks to Dr. Tim Sandle, the Head of Microbiology and Sterility Assurance at Bio Products Laboratory Limited.
Stacey and Tim cover a variety of topics:
- For pharma manufactures, how does fewer employees, smaller inventory, less space and reduced time impact patient safety?
- What type of supplier oversite is necessary?
- As supply chains become more and more digital, how does IoT impact processes and programs controlling quality?
- How do Big Data and Cloud Computing relate to patient safety, accessibility and affordability?
- What does Dr Sandle see as the next major shift in supply chain migration?
Dr. Tim Sandle is Head of Microbiology and Sterility Assurance at Bio Products Laboratory, responsible for microbiological testing, microbiological R&D, risk assessment and contamination control. In addition, Tim is a tutor with the University of Manchester School of Pharmacy (lecturing on pharmaceutical microbiology) and with University College London Pharmacy School (training QPs in sterility assurance). Tim is a committee member of the pharmaceutical microbiology group Pharmig (since 2002) and he has been contributing to the IVT Network since 2006. Tim presents and writes regularly on microbiology and pharmaceutical science topics, with 15 books; and some 600 book chapters, peer reviewed papers and technical articles to his name.
Voices in Validation brings you the best in validation and compliance topics. Voices in Validation is brought to you by IVT Network, your expert source for life science regulatory knowledge. For more information on IVT Network, check out their website at http://ivtnetwork.com.